Healthy is a relative term here :)
The kids and Jeff raved about this lasagna...it's really just a conglomerate of several recipes I researched. It was not dry like most homemade lasagnas I've tried. We ate more than half the pan. It certainly holds up to the way more fattening versions from restaurants. We loved it!!
Also, looks like a lot of work when I type it out but it probably took less than 30 min prep before putting in oven.
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 can 29 oz tomato sauce
2 tbsp unsalted butter
4 tsp flour
1 1/4 cup skim milk
Whole wheat lasagna noodles
15 ox Low fat ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan/reggiano chese + more to garnish
Fresh leaf Spinach (lots- let's make it healthy!)
1-2 squash (I only had 1 but 2 would be good)
1 pkg shredded part-skim mozzarella (2 cups)
--Make meat sauce to simmer.
1. Brown turkey (S&P)
2. Saute onion & garlic in 1 T. olive oil
3. Add turkey back in
4. Add tomato sauce and seasonings (I used an onion & garlic spice blend, sea salt, pepper, and BASIL)
--Make bechamel sauce in small pot
1. Melt 2 tbsp unsalted butter on med-low
2. on med-low, whisk in 4 tsp flour, and whisk for 3 minutes
3. Add milk and up heat to med-high
4. Whisk until at a good simmer and mixture is smooth and thickening
5. Add 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, and a pinch of nutmeg
6. Remove from heat
--Make cheese mixture
1. Mix Ricotta cheese, parm cheese, and egg together.
--Layer in (sprayed) 9x13 pan
1. 1/2 the meat sauce
3. 1/2 the Bechamel sauce
4. 1/2 - 2/3 the Ricotta sauce (I only used enough to make a thin layer and didn't use the rest of this. I wasn't sure I loved ricotta and it really didn't need another layer!)
5. handfuls of Spinach
6. 1 cup Mozzarella
8. Rest of the Bechamel Sauce
9. Rest of the Meat sauce
10. Thinly sliced squash (The squash on top made it look pretty too!)
11. 1 cup mozzarella
Cover and cook. Bake at 350. 45 min covered, 15 min uncovered.
Out of oven I added a bit of parmesan on top (layer 12!)
Let cool/sit for 15 minutes